I actually found this recipe online, and although the flavour was good, the cupcakes were super dry. I soaked them with rosewater simple syrup before icing them, and also added 1 lemon zest to the recipe, just after the eggs.
180 ml milk
3 T organic lavender flowers
85 g butter, at room temp
200 g white sugar (i used vanilla sugar)
250 g self raising flour
i omitted the salt which is already in the self raising flour
zest from 1 lemon
1. Preheat the over to 325 F, line 12 x 6 cupcake trays with cupcake papers.
2. Combine the milk and the lavender, rubbed in your hangs to release the oils in a saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cool slightly.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, incorporate the eggs, one at a time and beat until fluffy and light.
4. Add the flour and the milk alternatively to the egg mixture, ending with flour. Use a gentle folding method and do not overmix.
5. Pour into the cupcake shells, just over halfway. I used a piping bag to keep it clean.
6. Bake 10 mins, the rotate and bake another 10 mins about, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.